Switching from Static to Personalized Makes Results Soar
With consumers squarely in charge of product research long before they ever contact your company, content marketing is more important than ever. One of the most important forms of content marketing is the customer newsletter—and more and more are moving to personalized editorial.
What happens to results if you switch from a general-education newsletter to a fully personalized one? One community-based healthcare system found out. After sending a traditional newsletter for years, it began matching the content to what it knew of patients’ health conditions. Personalized content ranged from advances in treatments to schedules for clinical trials.
After about a year, the healthcare system conducted a readership survey to find out how the new approach was being received. The results?
- 93% of respondents felt the articles were relevant and of interest.
- 73% read the entire newsletter every time it came in the mail.
- 77% said it was easier and quicker to read.
- 95% said they became aware of services that were previously unknown.
- Not only did the healthcare system solidify its relationship with existing patients, but nearly every one of those patients learned about some of the provider’s services they didn’t know about before. Imagine the impact on revenues!
Not every marketer can track to this level of detail, but there are many simple, cost-effective steps you can use to monitor your marketing effectiveness too. Personalized URLs, barcodes (visible and invisible), discount codes, and multiple landing pages for various iterations of the same campaign are all ways to track and measure results.
Talk to us about converting your content marketing into personalized content marketing!