We are bombarded with electronic media. Cellphones. iPads. Kindles. Nooks. Facebook. Video streaming. Where does print fit? Right square in the middle.
To be effective, marketing needs to be multi-channel. From a consumer perspective, there isn’t print and online media. There is just marketing. As succinctly stated by Lazar Dzamic of Kitcatt Nohr Digitas, a London-based creative agency, “People don’t think ‘offline’ and ‘online.’ They just see a brand in all its touchpoints.”
Regardless of channel, marketing success starts with data. You want to gather as much data about your target audience as possible to make the message richer and more effective. You also want present a consistent brand and marketing message across channels.
Here are some best practices to get you started:
- Verify and correct existing customer data.
- Append that data to learn more about each customer.
- Customize messages based on customer insight.
- Personalize consumer interactions across all touchpoints.
- Integrate communications and present a consistent message across all channels.
When you develop the print portion of your campaigns, focus on those aspects of print that are unique to the medium or that are particularly suited for it:
- Use great design that pops off the page in a way not possible on a screen.
- Tap into the richness of printed color to create a lasting image. Add special effects such as coating, die-cuts, and embossing.
- Integrate tactile media, such as textured surfaces or stocks to create a memorable experience.
- Include product samples, personalized booklets, and other incentives not possible in a digital world.
Print offers unique benefits that cannot be replicated on a screen. Take advantage of them!
Need some fresh ideas? Just ask. We can help come up with unique campaigns to fuel your customer-base.