More Reasons to Love Color.
We all know the value of color images in your marketing mix, but what about the messaging? Study after study shows that when messages are in color, they have a powerful impact on your bottom line. Among the benefits:
- Helping readers find information more easily (great for insurance policies, contracts, and other lengthy documents)
- Reducing errors (highlight instructions or account information so people get it right the first time)
- Slashing payment time (highlight the amount owed and the due date and watch your invoices get paid faster)
- Increasing the ability of readers to understand and retain information (great for sales presentations)
- Increased recall of the marketing message (great for everything)
Next time you want to draw your readers’ attention to a specific area of text, consider using color. Make phone numbers or payment information stand out. Highlight discounts in brightly colored starbursts. Use arrows or colored bullets to focus attention on key points in brochures.
Take the example of the State of California Franchise Tax Board (FTB). The FTB used to send out plain tax notices, but the documents were confusing and the FTB consistently experienced slow payments and high volumes to its call centers. So it added highlight color and personalized messaging. Key information was displayed in blue, guiding taxpayers through the document and providing specific instructions. The result? Faster payments and fewer mistakes. This translated into millions in additional interest income and, at an average cost of $15 per call to the call center, significant savings from reduced call volume.
Color matters—not just in your graphics, but in your messaging. Let us help you use color to make you money and save you money, too!